The NSW Environmental Trust & NSW EPA Aboriginal Land Clean Up & Prevention Project funds projects which deliver an integrated approach to combat illegal dumping through active engagement and collaboration between government, land managers and local communities.
Under Waste Less Recycle More Extension the Aboriginal Land Clean Up and Prevention (ALCUP) aims to
- Reduce the impacts of illegal dumping on Aboriginal land through clean up and prevention activities
- Build and maintain collaborative approaches and partnerships to help manage and reduce the occurrence of illegal dumping
- Integrate deterrence, surveillance and monitoring measures and community education to prevent illegal dumping activities on Aboriginal land
- Incorporate cultural activities that enable Aboriginal people to care for Country, engage in knowledge sharing and gain skills and employment in land management
The priorities for the funding reflect the EPA's commitment to deliver an integrated approach to combat illegal dumping through active engagement and collaboration between government, land managers and local communities.
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils;
- local councils;
- government agencies;
- non-governmental organisations;
- consultants and
- other entities working in partnership with a Local Aboriginal Land Council.
The program will remain open until grant funds are exhausted or until 5pm on 30 September 2019.
Click here to view full funding guidelines on the provider's website.