The Protecting our Places program encourages and empowers Aboriginal community groups and organisations to protect, conserve and restore cultural landscapes and waterways.
This program is designed to empower and provide opportunities for Aboriginal organisations to undertake projects that:
- Contribute to ongoing sustainable management of significant Aboriginal cultural landscapes in New South Wales
- Contribute to healthier environments and communities
- Develop the project management capabilities of Aboriginal groups
- Encourage new collaborations and positive relationships with other organisations, government and stakeholders.
The following NSW Aboriginal community organisations/groups can apply:
- NSW Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- NSW Aboriginal Corporations registered under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Act
- NSW Registered Native Title groups
- Unincorporated Aboriginal organisations and groups can still apply but will need to be supported by a supporting organisation
Grants of up to $60,000 available over 2 stages:
Stage 1: Planning – up to $10,000
Stage 2: Implementation program – up to $50,000
You do not have to contribute matching funds, however, if you can your application may be more competitive. You can make:
- Financial contributions – money from your organisation or project partners
- In-kind contributions – donations of goods, services, staff time, expertise, or use of facilities or equipment.