Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 


123 Street Avenue, City Town, 99999

(123) 555-6789


You can set your address, phone number, email and site description in the settings tab.
Link to read me page with more information.

Illegal Firewood Collecting on Travelling Stock Reserves Under the Spotlight


Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum.

Illegal Firewood Collecting on Travelling Stock Reserves Under the Spotlight

Mick Callan

Central West Local Land Services is giving people notice that they are closely monitoring travelling stock reserves (TSRs) for illegal firewood collection.

Fines of up to $5,500 can apply to people caught carrying out illegal activity on TSRs under the Local Land Services Act 2013.

People using TSRs legally for such things as bushwalking and birdwatching are also being encouraged to report any suspicious activity.

Local Land Services is responsible for maintaining these public assets and protecting them from illegal activities, Central West Local Land Services Team Leader Peta Holcombe said.

“We are closely watching a number of TSRs in our region and will be taking legal action against anyone found removing firewood, dumping rubbish and dirt bike riding,” Ms Holcombe said.

Local Land Services is using surveillance cameras, staff inspections and public reports to identify and fine offenders.

“TSRs have social, grazing, ecological and cultural heritage value and can be easily damaged through removing timber and other illegal activities.”

People can report any illegal activity to Local Land Services on 1300 795 299 or their local police station.

“We encourage everyone to report suspicious behaviour on TSRs and to record as much detail as possible," Ms Holcombe said.

“Information such as registration numbers, descriptions, locations and dates will help us fine those responsible.

“We encourage all users of TSRs to take steps to protect these valuable public assets.”

Special use permits are available from your Local Land Services Office for a range of non-destructive recreational activities. Camping on TSRs is prohibited at all times unless you are with travelling stock.

People can collect firewood from selected state forests with a firewood permit. For more information, visit

For more information on TSRs visit or call 1300 795 299.