Environmental Restoration and Rehabilitation Grants
The Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program is currently currently open to applications and will close on Monday 26 March 2018.
The Restoration and Rehabilitation Program is a contestable grants program seeking to achieve long-term beneficial outcomes for the NSW environment. Funded by the NSW Environmental Trust, the program encourages and enables community and government organisations to protect, conserve and restore our valuable natural environment.
Aim of the program
The aim of the Restoration and Rehabilitation Program is to facilitate projects run by community organisations and government entities working to prevent or reduce environmental degradation of any kind. Through these projects, we also aim to improve the capacity of communities and organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment.
The objectives of the Restoration and Rehabilitation program are:
- to restore degraded environmental resources, including rare and endangered ecosystems
- to protect important ecosystems and habitats of rare and endangered flora and fauna
- to prevent or minimise future environmental damage
- to enhance the quality of specific environmental resources
- to improve the capacity of eligible organisations to protect, restore and enhance the environment
- to prevent or reduce pollution.
A total of $4 million is available under the 2018 round of the Restoration and Rehabilitation grants program. This includes:
- $2 million for projects by community organisations
- $2 million for projects by government entities.
Grants of up to $100,000 are available.
For all further information including guidelines and application forms please refer to the NSW Environmental Trust Website